Today we hopped on a train and spent the day in Chicago. It’s an easy day trip because its only and hour and fifteen minutes from Milwaukee. Our goal was to grab some lunch and do a little shopping. We found a restaurant called Protein Bar and were OBSESSED … it is a small menu that serves good-for-you food. Berit got a buffalo chicken quinoa salad, Brin got a club wrap, and we split a peanut butter protein shake – everything was delicious, healthy and filling. We called it a win.
A few things we learned today …
- Chicago is called the Windy City for a reason
- Ankle pants are cute, but that inch of exposed ankle in 25º weather is killer and your ankles will turn red
- The new Starbucks Smoked Butterscotch Latte is no joke, try it out
- You may accidentally order a Smoked Butternut Squash Latte and be mortified (@Berit)
- Shopping in-between seasons isn’t that fun … the stores were very picked over with styles and sizes and we didn’t come out with as much loot as we thought we would. However, we got a lot of cute accessories amongst all the sales that come this time of year.
[Brin]: Shirt is from the Zara Basic collection. If you’re into higher jean brands such as Hudson or Paige, you definitely should try the brand Frame – the Nordstrom in Milwaukee just got them in and I am obsessed. I wanted a high-low unfitted cut jean, so these were perfect. I also feel jeans are something that are worth splurging on because all of my higher end jeans are my comfiest and favorite go to!
[Berit]: A little disappointed how they photographed, but I am in love with my velvet leggings. Velvet is definitely making its mark this season. These pants are really comfortable and flattering, not to mention super cute. I found them at Zara.
This mesh bomber jacket is also from Zara. I wore a plain pocket cropped tee under it so that it wasn’t too distracting. Sneakers (cover photo) are Calvin Klein.